Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Year 28

Surprise, surprise: I made a list of goals for my 27th year of life. 

But now, my 28th birthday is sneaking up on me. Shit.

There are things I have completed ("Do at least 25 of the things I have pinned." which was easier than I thought. See? I do use Pinterest in a useful way!), things I've sort of completed ("Learn something new." I think I learned how...), and things I totally failed at (I've really let you down "Lose a pants size.").  So maybe declaring my list this time will at least shame me into getting more of these things done.


Celebrate Twenty-Eight:

  1. Take at last two trips.* I only made it to NOLA this year, unless you're counting Milwaukee. (I don't.)
  2. Learn a new activity, skill, or craft.* Guitar, crochet, glass-etching, hula dancing, one of the other I-wish-I-knew-how-to's.
  3. Do a better job keeping in touch with family. Not one of my goal's this past year, but it did happen. It was mostly for sad reasons, but now I'm grateful for having my family around and want to keep it up.
  4. Meet new people. Romantically or not. I've definitely been awkward with meeting people post-college.
  5. Experience more, spend less. Say yes to people. Don't bring that to the register. I've started this one already but I want to keep it going.
  6. Take a photo a day.* I tried the Photo A Day Challenge and made it about six months before realizing I was really forcing some of the photos and didn't want them later on. Now I want to do it without outside prompts.
  7. More cooking, less fast food. I insist I know how to cook. And yet I'm too damn lazy too most days. 
  8. Serious job hunting. Not another job I just "fall into".
  9. Work out. At. All. It's pathetic. Even just while chain-watching shows on Netflix, I should at least manage to not be sitting on my ass once in a while.
  10. Write more. I have at least 20 more drafts of posts I haven't finished. 
  11. Work on my creative skill set every day. Take photos with a real camera, decorate, draw, sew, something, if not just for half an hour every day.
  12. Look into buying a condo. I want a bigger apartment, but I want my next move to be a more permanent one.
  13. Be more organized. Files. Mail. Most importantly my apartment. It's currently such a mess I'd be ashamed if even my closest friends made an impromptu visit. It's in a constant state of laundry.
  14. Do more career-related reading. I'm adding more design and marketing blogs to my Feedly, pinning infographics, and got a subscription to Fast Company.
 Continuing with one of things I did accomplish this year: "Be less responsible."

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment