Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Finished! (Part 1)

Here's the first round of finished projects:
1. Display Mardi Gras beads.
I specifically brought home pink, purple, and red beads this year just because I wanted to decorate the empty wall beside my bed. I didn't want to nail a bunch of holes to my wall. Also, beads get heavy fast. So I bought a shit ton of 3M Command hooks. The wire ones jut out further than the plastic ones of the same size so they could hold a few. I still have a few necklaces leftover, but I like the amount I got up there for now.
2. Add rhinestones to my red tutu. 
I was too lazy to iron them on while in NOLA. So my strawberry costume was missing its seeds.
3. Display more of my Instagram-y pictures.
Thumbtack holes are way smaller than nail holes right? Well, I think so. Thumbtacks, tiny clothes pins, and some semi-crappy prints on card stock.
4. Paint the candle holder crate.
My family in the Philippines sent me this really cool shell candle holder. It was packed in a wooden crate with a sort of nest under it and bubble wrap all around it. I liked the way it looked so I wanted to keep it together. So I gave the box a few coats of acrylic paint and turned it on its side.

5. Fix the jewelry holders.
I was using ribbing before, but the heaviness of the necklaces started to make the ribbon droop. So I changed the hooks to ones that were open on time instead of the eye-type. (I clearly don't know my hook names.) I painted some dowel rods black and replaced the ribbon.
6. Make a tall bracelet.
I wanted a way to slightly cover up the tattoo on my right wrist if in case I needed to for work. It's lower on my arm than the one on my left and I'm also severely right-handed and don't want to have to put on/remove a stack of bracelets, which is fine for the left. I've had these dark beads forever,a nod they remind me of an oil puddle. A few metal spacers hold them in place. I might make another just because I have enough beads to do so.
7. Dyed two pairs of my grey leggings.
This one wasn't really picture worthy.They were 1/4 scribbled on, and then I decided I didn't like the look of them. Also I just needed more black leggings. I got a box of Rit dye, a pot, and time. Twice, technically. I didn't think it dyed evenly the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment